Squash Australia (SQA) is the National Organisation for Squash in Australia. The company was founded in 1934. SA is focused on the development of the game across Australia, in all its aspects. The organisation has a Federated structure and its members are the State Squash Associations.
Recreational We will promote squash as a key part of a healthy lifestyle that contributes to a positive work/life balance.
Sporting We will ensure that everyone with athletic talent reaches their full potential by providing the appropriate pathways, funding and coaching. We will also provide the competition opportunities and programmes to assist Australian players to compete with distinction on the world stage.
- Squash will be a thriving participant sport for all Australian
- Provide an excellent member experience
- Run world class events for all members
- Stop the decline of Squash courts, by making facilities attractive, enticing, professionally operated and financially sustainable
- Win medals that matter for Australia
- Squash personnel will be competent to deliver the sport through an underpinning professional development programme
- Squash Australia will have the network required to influence key decisions in its favour
- Squash will enhance its profile, through media and new technologies
- Squash will be well administered and focused on local delivery through a shared Australia wide vision
- Collaborative – Working together as one for the good of the sport.
- Innovative – Embrace change, be consumer focused and have a growth mindset.
- Inclusive – Include all of society.
- Respectful – To Listen, empathise, and be considerate of everyone.
- Excellence – To strive for the highest standards in everything we do.
Squash Australia Strategic Plan
LEADERSHIP EXCELLENCE: Squash will be well administered and focused on local delivery through a shared Australia wide vision.
Meet the team at Squash Australia – squash.org.au/w/about-us/meet_the_team
Meet the Board at Squash Australia – squash.org.au/w/about-us/meet_the_team/our-board
SQUASH GIRLS CAN
Squash Girls Can is a government-funded program that reaches out and engages with Universities across Australia to promote and teach girls how to play Squash.
Programs are designed to teach girls at universities the basic skills of the sport, building social connections and enjoyment, with the aim of getting them to register and play at a local squash club.
While the program is currently limited to those at university, it does encourage girls and women across Australia to play and get involved in the sport with inspiring messages and profiling girls who are new to the sport to encourage others to play.
Squash Australia is focused on driving female participation and growth across all ages around the country and Squash Girls Can is a part of increasing those numbers.
Sports House, Office 9
150 Caxton Street
Milton, QLD, 4064
Phone: +61 7 3367 3200
Fax: +61 7 3367 3320